What we do to protect you
Our digital banking system has industry-leading security capabilities, including robust fraud prevention, cyber security features and high-risk transaction protections to ensure that your transactions are secure while data is transmitted between your device and our banking server.
We use 256-bit TLS encryption on our desktop website and mobile app, enabling you to easily and securely complete banking transactions on your phone, tablet or computer.
Controlled account access
You have complete control over your account access and only you know your sign-in credentials, username and password. Our employees do not have this information, nor do they require it from you. Never share your account information with anyone.
To prevent unauthorized access, repeated failed attempts to login to your account will result in access being disabled. To unlock your account you must contact Memberline.
One Time Passcodes
Certain activities related to online banking will require extra verification through one-time passcodes. Please ensure that your mobile phone and email are up to date with TCU FInancial Group to ensure best functionality of this safety feature.
Online security is a joint responsibility between TCU Financial Group and our members. We need to work together to keep you safe. Observing basic security measures can greatly enhance your convenience and online safety.
- Do not provide account or personal details in email, the message center in online banking provides a secure and confidential way to communicate with us online.
- Know what is happening in your account, setup alerts within online banking to notify you about large account transactions. It is a great way to be made aware of any suspicious or unauthorized activity.
- Do not follow links from emails to your financial institution’s website. Type in the address or use a bookmark you know to be accurate.
- Be wary of messages designed to pressure you in to action…”your account has been closed”, “our security department has locked your account”
Practice proper password management
- Use strong, unique passwords, avoid re-using passwords from other sites and services you use.
- Choose a password that is memorable for you, but not easy to guess, and avoid using personal information like phone numbers, birth dates, your pet’s name, etc.
- Don’t use the auto-save function for user names and passwords on your browser/device. Consider using protected password management software or another secure system for storing passwords.
- Never share your password with anyone, no TCU staff will ever ask you to share your password or personal verification questions and answers.
- Be sure to sign out and close your browser at the end of each session.
Protect your computer/device
For optimal site functionality, improved performance and navigation, as well as safeguards against hackers and cyber attacks, we recommend using the latest supported browsers. Updating your browser to the latest version will ensure the best experience while using our services. Supported browsers include:
Windows and macOS
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari on iOS
- Google Chrome on Android
Additional Safety Measures
- Keep your anti-virus/threat protection software up to date and use a firewall
- Keep your computer or smartphones operating system up to date
- Download apps from official app stores (Google Play, Apple store etc).
- Ensure your computer/device has password protection
Report an incident
If you notice suspicious activity on your account, or if you believe that your personal or financial information may have been compromised, please call us immediately.
Reaching out to us as soon as possible will help to ensure the security of your account. Contact Us>