AT TCU we believe it is important to educate our members about fraud because an educated member is far less likely to fall victim to this type of crime. Lets face it, you work hard for your money so we want to make sure it is protected in every way we can. That is why we have provided the following links for more information. As well, please visit our Internet Security page to learn more about how we keep you safe.
Are You at Risk?
Are you cashing or depositing a cheque for any of these reasons:
- Items sold on the internet
- Winning a lottery you never entered
- Work-at-home program
- Commission for accepting funds through your bank or PayPal
Have you been asked to:
- Return some of the cheque proceeds?
- Wire, Western Union or Money Gram some of the funds to someone?
- Send money overseas?
- Pay money to receive an inheritance?
Have you responded to an email requesting you to:
- Confirm, update, or provide your account information?
If so, you may be at risk. Please contact us today.
Additional Information1.Fraud Awareness
- Types of Fraud
- Tips to Protect your Identity
- Tips to Protect your Internet transactions
- Tips to Protect your PIN
3. Travel Tips – things to know when you are travelling
4. Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre- a resource provided by the Government of Canada