MEMBER CARD® Debit Card
A MEMBER CARD debit card gives you access to your account through Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and Point of Sale (POS) terminals worldwide. Convenience, accessibility and security – you’ll find it all with a TCU MEMBER CARD debit card.
- Members have access to the following services through a national network of ATMs across Canada (ACCULINK) surcharge free:
- Transfers between your accounts held at the same credit union
- Deposits including cash, cheques and other negotiable items (at full-function ATMs)
- Balance inquires
- PIN (Personal Identification Number) changes. Visit our Find Branch/ATM page for locations
- ATM cash withdrawal limit is $400 per day.
- Point of Sale purchase limit is $1500 per day.
- When making a deposit through the ATM there will be a hold placed. Generally holds are released the next business day by noon. Extensions to holds may apply.
- Our Centsible Savings Plan* may be attached to your card. It allows you to save money with each purchase you make.
- MEMBER CARD debit cards are CHIP enabled - The card contains an embedded microchip which is virtually impossible to replicate helping to ensure the safety of your account.
TCU MEMBER CARDS are equipped with INTERAC Flash. This is contactless technology which allows you to conveniently and securely make smaller everyday purchases at select merchants without having to insert your card or enter your PIN. Simply tap your card at a terminal which supports INTERAC Flash – It’s quick and safe. Flash uses secure chip processing to protect against skimming, counterfeiting and electronic pick-pocketing.
The limits for purchases made with Flash are as follows:
- A single transaction cannot exceed $100 (some merchants may set their own limits).
- There is a $200 cumulative spending limit so the most you can spend in consecutive transactions is $200
Once the total ‘contactless’ spend limit is reached, you will be required to enter your PIN and this limit will reset If your purchase is above these limits, you will be prompted to insert your card and enter your PIN.
Centsible Savings Plan
The Centsible Savings Plan* feature introduces an optional savings element with all your debit card purchases. With this plan, each time a purchase is made with your MEMBER CARD debit card from your Chequing Account, the transaction will be rounded up to the nearest dollar or you can choose a specific amount ($) or percentage (%) and the rounded up amount will be transferred to one of your Savings Accounts. It is kind of like putting money away into a rainy day account.
Examples of how this works for you:
- Round up to the nearest dollar
Purchase amount = $5.65
Adjusted amount = $6.00
Amount transferred to your savings account = $0.35
- Round up a specific amount (example $5.00)
Purchase amount = $13.85
Adjusted amount = $18.85
Amount transferred to your savings account = $5.00
- Round up a specific percentage (example 10%)
Purchase amount = $23.50
Adjusted amount = $25.35
Amount transferred to your savings account = $2.35
For more information or to sign up for a TCU MEMBER CARD debit card, contact us today.